Friday, February 19, 2016

Take on Blue Apron

When I was told about Blue Apron I was more Han just a bit intrigued. You get fresh food, perfectly rationed delivered to your house and all you have to do is throw them together and 15 minutes later you are munching on a honey glazed cod with spring vegetables and roaster carrots. This sounded like the perfect option for a busy family who was ready to have inspired meals again.
The problem is that there is absolutely no way you can actually get this done in a anywhere near the time they claim. I made a meal lasts eel end which called for 15 minutes of prep and 20 minutes of cooking time and guaranteed a three course meal of rice pilaf, sauté baby spinach and Za'atar chicken skewers with a mint yogurt saucy. After two hours I had a bowl of yogurt, an overlooked chicken skewer and mash of rice and veggies and my hand reeked of garlic

Thanks Blue Apron for ruining my life

No comments: