Friday, June 9, 2017

Take on the Comey testimony

 Comey's  testimony had a bunch of bombshells yesterday but many people point to exchange where he was questioned over the term "hope" and whether it meant intent.  
He wrote in those memos that Trump said: "'I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."

 If this isn't exactly how Tony Soprano would say it, I don't know what would be.    I'd hope you can find a way to let this little instance of disorderly conduct go, my son's a good guy and we wouldn't want anything to happen to your family. 

There is nothing about the way Trump handled this that is professional or presidential.  He's just adept enough to not incriminate himself, using terminally that is innocuous enough that it's hard to prove intent.   I wonder where he learned that. 



Sent from my iPhone

No comments: