Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Take on the fish head

Yesterday I was served Howard the Duck, today it was Jimmy the Fish. A Chinese meal is never complete without a complete fish and I felt like Tony Soprano looking at Big Pussy. I like fish, but when they serve it with the eyes in, it's a bit much. I know what the fish is but I just don't need to have Nemo staring at me while I'm eating its belly.
Then again the woman who sat next to me chewed on the gills and waged it down with the eyeball. I was just happy she didn't stick her Hong-King foot right in the soy sauce, although that might still have been more sanitary than when she blew a gigantic snot bubble into her napkin.

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

These posts remind me of why, when someone proposes to me to visit Shanghai or Hong Kong again or Beijing, I at first hesitate...and then think of the other thousands of places in the word I would rather visit.

Then again, hookers are pretty cheap and plentiful in China.