Friday, January 20, 2017

Take on The Rest of Our Lives

Had Mitt Romney thrown his hat into the ring, had Jeb! shown a little fight and not let Big Don shove him into a locker and break his glasses, had Rubio come out and quenched whatever thirst he had or had Mike Pence been on top of that ticket, I think I'd be more at ease with today even if those guys may have ideologies which differ more greatly with that of my own. Knowing that in four hours the keys to the fastest, most expensive and most dangerous car on the road are going to be handed to a drunk driver isn't sitting well. I've promised to be open minded and fair about his presidency, and I plan to be, but I have to say that, today, I feel more uneasy. I'm not some delicate flower or precious snowflake, I'm not going to need a hug. I know politics is a dirty game and nobody comes out looking clean. I think the "fake news" narrative pushed by the Hillary camp to rationalize the Trump win just shows how desperate they are and how out of touch they continue to be. The Russian hacking probably had some effect but even if it did, a very large part of this country felt it was left behind

This came down to a part of a country which has felt disenfranchised, a group of people who saw their government as disengaged and felt disappointed about the promises of hope and change. This is their right and their vote counts just as much as mine does, sort of. Actually their vote counts more because at the end of the day, it's an election about a few states, a way for the little guy to be heard and this election they were which is what you get when you don't have a true democracy but a representative republic but we'll leave that for another day.

I'm going in with an open mind for no other reason than that I don't want that very expensive car to crash because we don't have any insurance and we're all going to have to pay to fix it if it does

Don of a New Day it is.

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

Why give the benefit of the doubt to such an asshole? What has he possibly done to warrant any open-mindedness at all? I'm referring to this guy's entire life. There might not be a bigger asshat in the world.

Everything he touches turns to shit or piss in some form or another.