Saturday, January 28, 2017

Take on the protesters

When I came to this country, I believed it to be the shining castle on the hill. It was the greatest country on the earth and my 31.5 years of living here, it was true. Yes, we have some nasty parts to our past but you learn from your mistakes and we had become more diverse, more accepting and just plan better. We were the good guys, even if we weren't perfect. What we did was for the right reasons and with the plight of the little man in mind. The America I believed in, welcomed everybody knowing that our greatest strength comes in the fact that "American" couldn't be defined with a similar phrase or colored with a specific pastel. We were everything, we accepted everybody and yet, today, all I believed that we were, all the times I defended what we stood for, all that I knew to be good and just was erased. Wiped out with a flick of the wrist, by the stroke of a pen. Yes, this will get overturned by the Supreme Court but we will have give. away our moral high ground. We will have drifted so far from our ideals that we will have no sense of superiority based morality

Today is the first day in my life that I'm ashamed to be an American. This is not what we're supposed to be.

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

Fucking Von Clownstick: