Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Take on the State of the Union

We were promised a different type of State of the Union but after sitting through all of it, I can only say it was maybe a little bit less contrived than previous ones.  I know there are many who say that Obama knocked it out of the park but I can't say I was overly impressed.   First of all, for all the tears he shed this year, where were the mentions on guns or discussions of race relations which seem to be as low as bey have been in my lifetime.   He hardly discussed terrorism, San Bernadino or Paris.   Where were the lame people to call out in the crowd and where were the calls to action.   I know these things are basically pomp and circumstance but I'd like one time in my life to have something like this feel like it has some juice, it was mostly a forgettable night.    

The things we'll remember
- the one kid asleep on his dad, the other looking like he wanted to join him
- some senator playing angry birds on his iPad 
- Rubio looking like his new boots were bothering him
- Bernie looking like he forgot his comb, again
- Ginsberg looking like she fell into her soup again
- Kim Davis looked like she got dressed in the dark again
- Paul Ryan with the most smug look this side of the East River, even without the Park Slope beard
- Nikki Haley with her wired shut jaw still way more impressive that that twerp Jindal and the thirsty man in the desert.  She will be the nominee in 4 years, way smarter and put together than any of these clowns
- the same 20 guys always on the hand shake line greeting Obama including the one dude who looks like has has not washed his hair in ages. 
- Trump took a beating from all corners yesterday, not that he cares but...





Sent from my iPhone

No comments: