Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Why do I always feel like I'm waiting when being waited on?


Came across yet another thing I dislike..


I can't stand when a waitress counts her tip in front of you. Now granted this happens mainly at French restaurants but as somebody who always tips well (too well if you ask me), I find it insulting to have somebody count out singles right in front of the person who just gave it to them. Like opiening a cash gift in front of the entire birthday party and shouting across the room "thanks for the $5 check Dusty"

When done at a restaurant setting, It's just plain tacky.


If you are going to go and count the money, I'm sure you wouldn't mind if I put 25 singles (assuming the total bill should be about $100) on the table in two piles. Tell you exactly what I'm doing by explaing that the one pile which would be the "tip pile" starts with $18 and another "extra pile" which starts with $7. Let them see how they can make extra with good service and what they cane lose with bad service

everytime the waiter or waitress does something right you take $1 from the extra pile and add it to your tip pile. Everytime he or she forgets to bring you a fork, fails to refill my water when aked etc., you take a $1 from the tip pile and put it onto the extra pile. You keep the minimum at $10 for the tip pile so they in effect can make anywhere from 10% to 25% depending on the actualy service.


I'm sure the service in general will be better although I'm also sure that i'll be chowing down on a armpit burger and a lugie coke.


badlife

No comments: