Friday, September 12, 2008

Saving Sarah Marshall




So sat on a plane for 13 hours yesterday coming back from China which gave me a time to reflect on my trip:

Couple of comments
1) I spent time in two cities, ZhenghZhou and Beijing. ZZ is in the middle of the country and a total industrial city. When you are walking down the street you literally can't see a 1/2 a mile down the street. It felt like walking in a blizzard all the time except instead of kids making snow-men, they were coughing up coal fumes.
Beijing on the other hand had the bluest skies you have ever seen, but then again the Chinese government stopped cars from coming into the city during the Olympics and Para-Olympics and stopped all the local factories from working during the last month. It will be back to coughing up a lung next time I'm there.

2) There is no worse food than in China. I sit at every meal and tell the waiter "no pork" but not exactly sure if this is even remotely smart. You order Chicken you get chicken knuckle, you order beef you get a piece of fat, you order fish you get an entire fish which looks like it was caught next to a power plant. Plus the entire table wrestles over who is going to eat the eyeballs

At the end of the day everything tastes like pork and everything smells like something a pig wouldn't eat. Kill me



Well on my 13 hour flight I did get to see a couple of movies, so here comes my review of them:
I don't think I have sat through a worse piece of crap than Saving Sarah Marshall... This is what they should show at Guantanamo Bay to get the terrorist to talk, I have never wanted so badly to poke my eyes out.. I gotta imagine that the writer to this thing was not happy when they could only get that fake Will Ferrell.

The other movie I tried to watch was Remember the Zohan which wanted to make me jump out of the plane. I only watched about 5 minute's of this thing.. dreadful


How about the Jets and Giants considering giving their naming rights to Allianz an insurance firm with Nazi ties in their history. I'm assuming that the Switzerland Stadium will also not be used either.

1 comment:

Wanna Be A Foodie said...

I agree about the food in China. When I travelled there, I always lost a couple of pounds from not eating. My strategy was to pick at stuff and then fill up on rice if it was served. And to eat a big breakfast, because usually the hotels had SOMETHING that was decent for breakfast. And also to pack some granola bars in my luggage. I think they eat every part of every animal in China. Except for Panda, but not because they feel it's cruel, but because it's too expensive! Welcome home.