Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thank God we have a President with an MBA

Jr. Bush is to speak to the UN today, his last scheduled speech before the end of his presidency. Rumor is that he will explain why the Fed has bailout the banks with a $700 Billion package. I finally feel at ease, Little Bush, the guy who ran an oil company into the ground and traded Sammy Sosa when he was the president of the Texas Rangers is going to come in and explain this in layman's terms, I bet he has his little smarmy smile on while he does it, you know the one where he looks like he just snuck into the back of the birthday party and dipped his grubby fnger in the ice-cream cake. By the way I hope you like your ice cream cake flavored with Texas jock sweat.

the scariest thing to me is that this entire thing is so beyond me. It probably feels like learning to play bridge. You figure this is probably OK cause everybody is doing it and you sit at the table. You have no ideas of the rules but you might have some beginners luck and and all of a sudden you put down your cards and some dude has to try to explain to you that you lost but you can't even follow the basic premise of the game. Now imagine that dude just takes all your money away and then tells you to bend over, cause your playing strip bridge.. This is kind of like how this feels like to me with this entire finacial crisis. I had no idea what the rules where, I thought I could lose a couple of bucks, now without any warning I'm going to get it in the five hole, and I still don't know the rules. In other words the next time I'm going to play Bridge, better bring your wallet and some lube.


I know it has something to do with mortgages that some people should never have gotten, you know the kind of people who probably rolled into the bank after having rolled a fatty. I know this has something to do with these bad morgages getting bundled together with other bad mortgages and then Fannie and Freddie being convinced to buy them. I know this has something to do with deregulation which stems from the Clinton years and was continued happily by Little Bush and his cronies. I know they tell me that this stimulus package is neccessary because otherwise the money and the credit will dry up and we could be in for a great depression. I know that the average American probably had very little to do with this mess and I also know that the average American will be in charge of bending over for the big financial insitutions who did nothing for them for years and years.

I do like McCain's idea of no CEO or Executive of any company who is presently getting bail-out money should get a dime more than the President of the US makes. The pay packaged in Wall Street have obviously gotten ridiculous, the Boards of these corporations are spineless, come on how was that HP chick going to possibly be considered as McCain's running mate. I guess she did pull her version of Jr. Bush.by having her company tank and then get out with her Golden Parachute but really do we need the female Bush?

I want to see a few of these CEO's jump. Pretend your David Blain, hang yourself upside down and forget to tie the harnesses but do it from the Lehman's tower in Times Square so we can all see you do it.

No comments: