Saturday, September 27, 2008

Taken to the Cleaners

I don't know how many people have been scammed but when it happens to you it just stings you and eats away at your good faith.

Scams come in many sorts, sometimes over the phone from a telemarketer, sometimes when you buy the extra insurance on the rental car and for one buddy it happened when he went to Tijuana and ended up paying $200 for a chick with an Adam's apple the size of a softball.

Well I can't speak for all of that but I feel like I’ve been had. A few months ago I dropped $200 on Woot.Com for something which was supposed to make my life so much better. They sold this to me basically an all in one cleaning system; little did I know that I would be the one taken to the cleaners. They said that for $200, I'd have a perfectly clean apartment night and day, no work for me at all. I was a bit afraid they'd send me a Bangladeshi chick in a box so was slightly relieved when I opened the box and found this thing.






But I was only relieved for a minute. I thought that when I bought this automatic floor cleaner that it would be the equivalent of a little hotty in an ultra small maid-outfit prancing around my apartment dusting up, not a loud driving saucer which bumps into everything and scares the hell out of anything that comes close to it..


how come everything I get at Woot either sucks or sucks badly?

No comments: