Friday, September 19, 2008

Fringe = Cringe



Fringe


So after 2 episodes, I guess I get it.. It's a cross between The XFiles and Star Trek, but it's interesting.  I won't try to over analyze it because I'm sure the real dorks will make me feel like the feeble dork I am.

Couple of comments:
the dialogue between the son and the old man is tired and predictable, this cannot possibly continue like this for 5 seasons.  I have never seen Lost but I have to imagine the dialogue is a bit better than this.

The whole Walter Bishop=Einstein angle is a bit hard to believe, why would the US government allow him to rot in a mental institution if they knew his capabilities? Throw him in guantanomo and water board him for his secrets. Maybe he can even build a better waterboard?

I do find it a bit weird that they seem to be able to solve all of these great mysteries in exactly 60 minutes.   Not sure how the rest of the reason goes but really they might want to pull a couple of revelations until the next episode, although I think this was the way XFiles did it also.

The veiled comparison between Massive Dynamic and Haliburton is pretty obvious. I imagine the CEO who was the classmate of the Walter sounds like a duck!!  seems like MassiveDynamic even has a webpage already. http://www.massivedynamic.com/

The chick is hot enough to keep me interested, but I keep wondering when Alverez is gonna jump her.  They should add an episode where Adebisi grows out of a human embryo inseminated by a pure evil.

Plus the Homeland Security dude looks like a cross between Kevin Garnett and a skeleton.

No comments: