Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Take on the ultimate dilemma

Whenever I get dressed in the morning, I realize I'm taking a gamble.
A gamble that, most likely, I'll lose. You'd think this about those
big Jets jackets I supposedly wear with the newspapers stuffed in the
pockets, or the pant leg stuffed into the mismatched socks I often
sport but actually it is a much bigger fashion problem. This one
comes much later in the day.. Let me explain:

Today, like I do once per week, I sit down for lunch at this little
Irish pub by my office and look over the menu and immediately I am
torn. They are offering a linguini fra Diavolo special, a meal which
happens to be a Righetti favorite. I love the spice, the seafood, the
preparation and the flavor and even at $17 it's a must have for lunch.
The issue is that this morning I put on a white shirt, one I'll have
to wear for another 8 hours, and keeping it clean is always a
challenge, but with Fra Diavolo tempting me, it's a battle I go into
knowing I'll lose. I know that I am just setting myself up for
disaster but I just can't help myself, I try to convince myself to
have a turkey sandwich or...gulp... a salad but to no avail. The
shrimp, the clams, the calamari, the spicy red sauce, the
bloodbath.... It's too much temptation, so I break down and order
knowing I'll be the guy who looked like he just got shot in the gut
later in the day

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

This is where a red Tony Gonzalez #88 Falcons jersey would have come in real handy.

Or a red and black #10 Ronaldinho jersey from the Flamengo soccer club in Rio.

Or a #2 Robert Woods USC maroon & gold football jersey.