Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Take on the $2500 Barney's bag

The internet has been ablaze for a week after a couple of kids came forward to say they were racially profiled for buying expensive luxury items at a Barney's New York

The firestorm started when some kid got detained for buying a $350 belt and has intensified with people coming out of the woodwork since.  I can't say I've paid that much attention to any of it but did read about some 21 year old girl who said she had cops pull her aside after she bought a $2500 purse from Barney's earlier this year..

I can't say that I agree with Barney's for that kind of action but what kid, forget their skin color, is buying a $2500 bag?    I have never spent $250 on a bag, I probably never spent $25 on a bag and some kid who has not graduated college yet is blowing $2500 on a bag????


1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

I once had to spend 4000 dollars on my ex-wife's Chanel bag.

I will never forgive her for that.