Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Take on the ugly shoe section

I went to buy a new pair of sneakers last week to replace the ones I
knew I'd ruin during the Mudder. I decided that I was going to go
with two pairs: a new running pair and a more casual weekend walking
around pair. I walked into a store and told the high school sales
associate what I was looking for. She immediately took me to the
casual sneaker section and I just about puked. Long gone are a normal
pair of sneakers, all of them replaced with true basketball sneakers,
running sneakers, obnoxious Assassins or these Euro-things which make
dudes look like they have strapped bananas to their feet. Worse
than the fact they were all ridiculously ugly, they also all cost a
hundred bucks
Thirty minute later, I walked out and went to Modell's and spent $39
on a pair of orange and grey pair of Filas

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

Orange and gray?! Hey, that's the color scheme of my sneakers! I have orange and gray New Balance sneakers that are like 4 years old, and I wear them whenever I go on vacation or fly up for college football weekends.

They are the mark of a true anti-fashionista: NFL jersey, Nike or Reebok black athletic shorts, bright white socks, and orange and gray sneakers. Maybe some aviator sunglasses on a sunny day.

Hipsters and women, I spit in your face.