Sunday, March 1, 2009

How do you talk to an angel?


There are many things I don't understand...including where the saying "you made your bed, now you have to sleep in it" comes from since it makes absolutely no sense to me but nothing is more nonsensical than Shakespeare.  I have nothing against the great writer but I'm apparently just not smart enough to understand any of it.    I sat in a 2 hour rendition of Love's Labor's Lost fidgeting and sighing the entire way through it, not because the acting wasn't good (it was), the concept not novel (it was) or the setting not intimate (i felt like I was sitting on the stage) but because the entire time I'm wondering when they're going to start speaking English.
   Even the title of the play Love's Labor's Lost means nothing to me other than standard alliteration.   It's like geting a touch dance with boxing gloves on.

I was just amazed the actors could memorize the pig-latin.

No comments: