Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Day I'm caught wearing either of these, please shoot me.

There is something about the crazy snow storm that makes people act like total idiots; they dress like they're in stuck in the Himalayas, they act like they are caught in a tornado, they drive like they are transporting a giant vase and then they cry like they are stuck in a birthing canal.
Get your act together people, the white stuff isn't the end of the world!!!!
But the way people (and men in particular) dress is really the biggest annoyance.
The two worst look around is a dude wearing those outdoorsy male-clogs or a guy wearing those idiotic ear muffs.

First things first, any dude wearing clogs should be either dancing on a bar in Chelsea or otherwise shot. The worst thing is that his isn't just a winter look because people will also wear these things when they are doing such manly things as getting wood from the local wood-shop or raking the yard in the fall time.  What these things are is a uniform for any guy who has basically decided that his life is over, it is the surest sign that the dude has given up and is just waiting for the end to come.

Almost worse are those ear-warmer things! You really gotta be kidding me with these things as I cannot imagine that it would ever get cold enough in New York City that you would really need these idiotic things. If you are cold put on a hat or a hood or something don't fold your hand to hetrosexuality. I'd rather have somebody cut off my ears with a rusty knife than be caught dead wearing these fucking things

7 comments:

Cyn said...

hahaahah

Philip Ryan said...

Isn't the clog the national shoe of Holland?
I actually don't mind those earmuffs - esp the ones that have inbuilt earphones. I just hate wearing a hat

Righetti said...

"isn't the clog the national shoe of holland?"

even more reason to hate them

Otis said...

Agree with the lad here. Those earmuffs are standard stuff. Nothing to see here.

The clogs are terrible though, I'll give you that.

Anonymous said...

Otis, sorry bro- I'm gonna have to go with Righetti on this one... the clogs are terrible, yes, but the earmuffs are certainly not "standard" as you put it. If the standard is to be flamboyantly metro (like those shemales that pluck their eyebrows), then I guess clogs are okay. Righetti really hit a nerve on this one- I visualize really graphic fight scenes between me and the dudes wearing those things every time I pass one in the city... and I always win. Good talk.

Cathy said...

i love the big furry earmuffs that they sell at bloomies every winter. they are really sexy cuz once i saw an ad of a hot girl wearing the giant fur earmuffs and nothing else except a bikini and furry high boots. anyways, alberto and i were discussing this over happy hour drinks at splash. we were saying how people totally overreact when it gets even a little cold out and they suddenly are wearing scarves and gloves 'n sh!t. it annoys me. but it's also weird to me when it gets slightly warm out in like march or something and people are wearing shorts and flipflops but meanwhile it's still 55 degrees out.

Righetti said...

I remember last year running in central park and some clown was wearing one of those wool hats with the little ball on the top plus gloves and maybe a scarf (can't remember for sure).

it was about 50 degrees but it was January so he thought he might catch a cold or something equally lame.