Friday, March 20, 2009

DMV

So I decided to take a vacation day to take care of some pressing issues including getting some keys made, renewing my license and watching the tournament. Well the DMV experience has not improved much since I was last here about 10 years ago.

The collection of people at the DMV is a sorry cross-section of NYC with a combination of businessmen, illegals, housewives and guys with long arrest records, as they crawl through the serving numbers I cannot avoid feeling like that scene in Beetlejuice.

The numbers pass slowly as I pass the time staring at the way people come dressed. It is like they don't realize that people will actually be seeing them today.. Some chick is rocking leg warmers over jeans to clash with her Sally Jessie glasses another dude is wearing skin tight jeans, a lime green shirt and one of those Hassidic hats.
People have just given up but I guess if you have what better place to be then at the DMV.

Everybody is miserable in here, the customers, the customer service reps, even some guide-dog I just saw walk past looks sad

Then the most important realization of the day dawned on me...
Why would somebody with a guide dog be at the DMV?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: