Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm on a Subway to Hell


So let me get this straight. The NYC MTA is going to raise our fares and also cut our service, man what a deal!!!


I get that we are in an economic Tsunami and I know we all will have to share the burden but somehow the NYC mass transit which is probably the most used. Public transit system in the world (I have nothing to back up that claim by the way) offers none of the perks, lavishes or reliability of other methods of mass transit.

Why in hell Sheldon 'the criminal' Silver and his Albany buddies have refused to properly fund the MTA is beyond me. I thought Bloomberg’s congestion pricing was a great idea until a couple of well connected dudes in Queens and Staten Island put some pressure on Albany and that fell through the cracks including billions of dollars in Federal funding.

Well, I filled out one of those Subway Report Cards last month and they asked me to rank my top 5 or 10 complaints from a list which included

Unreliable

Dirty platforms

Dirty subways

Hard to hear announcement on platform

Hard to hear announcement in subway

Delays /Trains no being on time

Track work delays and rerouting

Weekend and Nighttime Schedule interruptions

Rats

Etc etc

I have never looked at a list and felt that the option 'all of the above' was the only proper one


Now if that list had included undesirables, fat chicks who get on the subway without letting others off first and people whose fat asses take up 2 seats and you would have had a clean sweep.

3 comments:

Sneha said...

time to get my bike tuned up...this is the worse thing ever.

Anonymous said...

Inspect away Congestion! The city should toughen inspections for medical, psychiatric and vehicle reasons to cut down the number of congestion. This way, we will also get the voters against congestion pricing, who live in Bayside and Staten Island, to move away. Free health care means psychiatric care for all those angry talk radio white males!

Cathy said...

i also hate public masturbators on subways but i guess i ask for it by taking a subway alone at 11pm. i sound like such a victim. this used to happen to me a lot but once i turned 30, it stopped. my friend leslie is always all, "i don't think they discriminate against age, cathy". or maybe it's cuz at that age, i stopped really going out as much.