Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Take on Kasich's warning

Sometimes when I get breaking news feed come across my phone I wonder why this is breaking news at all. John Kasich who has as much of a chance of being president as I have, made it a point today to say that not all Muslims are terrorists and that we should not discriminate against them as a people and single them out for questioning. This was shocking only because his contemporaries in the GOP race all ran as fast as they could to the nearest bat-phone to scream at the top of their lungs that Muslims=Terrorists and tried to desperately outdo each other by sounding the toughest on terrorism.
Now I think we all agree that we must have stringent entry laws which must be enforced but I cannot think of one part under the constitution that states we should be able to single out a people for surveillance...although our history has shown we are more than happy to do that (see Japanese encampment in WWII). But again John Kasich has no chance of ever being president of the Elk Club let alone the USA, so why pay any attention to him anyway.

No comments: