Friday, November 21, 2008

Views from the airport (take 2)

Riding that airplane, high on cocaine, Poor little Righetti,stuck in the middle seat
Trouble ahead, trouble behind, poor little Righetti wants to blow out his mind.

5 1/2 hours from LA to Newark in seat 22E and I am ready to shoot myself, so figure that I would complain a bit. Really this will take you all of 3 minutes to read so indulge me!!

Noticed a new wrinkle at security.. The airport I was at has two lanes as you get to the security section: : one labeled "casual traveler" and the other "expert traveler". Not sure what it takes to get from one to another but the description was something like

Casual Traveler:
Is fairly familiar with TSA regulations
Has good overall understanding of security check-in procedure
Has boarding pass available
Travels occasionally

Expert Traveler
Is an expert at TSA regulations
Is completely knowledgeable of security check-in procedure
Has boarding pass in hand
Travels twice per month
Has a frequent flier number
Scored 4 digits on the SAT's

This is like going snowboarding and having to decide whether to go down the Black Diamond or the Blue Square trail.


There was no card, no proof, no black belt. Just your own call about which lane most fit you as a traveler.

This is how I decided:
The Expert line had 3 people in it while the casual line had 15 people in it.. WTF??!! What the hell does it take to be an expert: take off your shoes and take your laptop out of your bag? Know not to take out the toothpaste? Know to bend over when the guy shows up with the blue glove?? Basically the only thing that proves you are an expert is that you were expert enough to get into the shorter lane.

Plus went to Hudson News to find out that there now is a Hooters magazine??? I know this is supposed to delightfully tacky but this is a bit more than just tacky.

Not Shocking but whatever

Plus talking about tacky "professionals" wearing orange uniforms, Ocho Cinco just Ocho Sucks... My receivers with the exception of Roddy White all should be taken out back and taken out of MY misery.. They (Roy E Williams, Santonio "don't call me John" Holmes and the aforementioned Stinko) have made my receiving stable look like a glue factory. I think I may start Ted Ginn Jr. this week. Oh and in running back news Julius Jones and BrianJarvus Austin Green-Ellis can suck my ass.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: