Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gluttony

We are a disgustingly obese country and that is never more apparent than on Turkey day when the entire country seems to come together as one, regardless of religion, race, creed, sexual orientation, shoe size and gorge ourselves on Turkey and cookies. The one day in the year where the fairly healthy person who exercises, and eats right can act like the rest of the country and sit around and stuff stuffing down their throats,. Issue is that there is a small minority of people who are just acting "fat and disgusting" for the day (like Halloween) will go back and run 4 miles tomorrow while the vast majority of people just see this as an excuse to embrace the gluttony and almost see it as a badge of honor..



I have heard so many people tell me "you are lucky, you are skinny".. Screw that, I was 245 pounds and there was no luck in me getting off that number.. it was hours sweating on the treadmill, it was countless cookies and bowl of french fries I passed up, not luck. These are usually the same slobs who pride themselves in saying "run a marathon,...I drive to the front of the driveway to get the mail"



I'm thankful that tomorrow I will have the will power unlike 85% of this country to NOT repeat the Thursday foodbowl but instead will go back to getting off my ass, the rest of the country should take my lead.



Let's play a game to keep you sane today:



Everytime some idiot says "tryptophan", kick him in the nuts



Everytime some jackass mentions the economy, stab them in the wee-wee with your knife.



Everytime some jerk says something to the effect of "I'm starting my diet tomorrow, but today I will take another serving". Stick your winky in the mashed potatos and serve it to them



And everytime the Lions give up a TD, slam your nutsack onto the table and beat it with the turkey



It'll make Thanksgiving that much more fun.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: