Saturday, November 22, 2008

McDonalds discriminates against poor people, environmentally conscious people and people who work in NYC.

I walked up to the McDonalds on 4th Avenue and 1st Street tonight after a night of honest heavy drinking and was met with blatant discrimination. Although the front door was locked after 11pm, the sign said 24 hour drive through. I walk into the drive through lane and try to order two double cheeseburgers off the dollar menu.   The chick at the window then tells me that I am not allowed to order food because I am not in a car.

What?!!??! Because I don't own a car, I cannot order food??? I ask to speak with the manager to confront him on this blatant discrimination and am told that a without a car, they will not serve me a cheeseburger.  This manager couldn't give me a legitimate reason why I could not be served and I started to sense that this was their way of keeping the man down.  He claims it's store policy, so in other words this discrimination against pedestrians might go all the way to the top of the food-chain, the big honcho, the bigmac.
I called it as I saw it and told him that he was basically telling me that if you could either not afford.a car or was environmentally conscious or because you live in Park Slope and commute into WORK IN NYC you cannot get a burger, reverse racism I tell you.  I should have hailed a cab and had him drive me through the drivethrough so at least I can have two patties with cheese at 2am

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris and I tried to do that over the summertime in Rhode Island. We got the same response but since there was a cop in the parking lot, we decided not to argue. So I walked across the street, picked up my car, and drove to the drive through..what a waste of energy...but we did get our cheeseburgers at 2am :)

Unknown said...

OMFG lmfao that you walked to the drive thru window. you are so funny. how annoying am i with my constant "you are so funny" and "david..." and "lmfao"

Unknown said...

ok LMFAO EVEN MORE about getting a cab and driving through the drive thru! that is really funny.