Thursday, November 13, 2008

Going to the dentist for the first time in literally 5 years.

Why does every dentist tell you that those XRays are completely safe and then walk out of the room and put some 50lb jacket on you?

Then they tell me that it is 50-60% safer than before.. so in other words it was basically going to kill you instantly 5 years ago but now you have no worries.

Then they tell you it's much less radiation than a knee XRay, of course that isn't zapping through your head either.

18 XRays and 456 pokes with a sharp needle-like contraption later, I walk out refreshed and incredibly relieved that not only do I have no cavities but I also wasn't scolded for not flossing enough..


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So x-ray's are actually safer now than they were years ago, there is less scattering of the x-ray's so you aren't getting dosage on other parts of your body...or at least less dosage...anyway congrats on being cavity free :)
-Nora

Righetti said...

my issue is that 10 years ago they told us that this stuff was perfectly save.. now all of a sudden we are told that "don't worry, this is 50% more safe than back then."

in other words. before you were going to die, now your balls will be just be fried.

then again this scattering XRay technology does sound like something I could have used when they reverse urinated that camera up my unit