Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's the Final Countdown

Just about 24 hours till the marathon and less than 72 hours till the polls open, so things in the Righetti world are pretty exciting, although I do have a major fear of having very little to blog about after the elections are over and the marathon is all completed.  Guess no more bloody nipples, the mid-run runs and hopefully sneezing nut pulls till next summer, but I'm sure I'll come up with something



Couple of comments about Halloween, the Village parade seemed a bit toned down this year as I have to imagine the financial crunch kept some of the most extravagant costumes on the shelves this year. 

We all know this is a holiday for only two groups of people: kids and chicks.  It is the one time in the year that a hot chick can totally slut it out and not get any weird stares since it's all done in the name of costume..
Past the groups of slutty nurses, slutty cops, slutty school teachers, I also saw a bunch of chicks covered only body paint and saw an Asian chick wearing only hotpants and nipple guards which looked a bit cold to me.  Maybe she was preparing for the marathon.     

If I were to run for president this would be my main platform, just like years ago when some president decided that President's day would always be on a Monday and Thanksgiving on a Thursday, I would  change Halloween to the last Friday in October every year..  I know there is some religious reason for it being on the 31st, but it's supposed to be a kids holiday where they go trick-or-treating so why not make it on a non school night?  But more importantly, there is no better day to see hot chicks than on Halloween and you shouldn't have to wake up early for morning the next day

one quick bit for your Obama-McCain-Palin-OtherGuy fix
In a conservative radio interview that aired in Washington, D.C. Friday morning, Republican vice presidential nominee Gov. Sarah Palin said she fears her First Amendment rights may be threatened by "attacks" from reporters who suggest she is engaging in a negative campaign against Barack Obama.....If [the media] convince enough voters that that is negative campaigning, for me to call Barack Obama out on his associations," Palin told host Chris Plante, "then I don't know what the future of our country would be in terms of First Amendment rights and our ability to ask questions without fear of attacks by the mainstream media."
Wait I thought the First Amendment was about freedom of press?  I'm a bit confused

No comments: