Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Take on the receiver less pay-phones

I have been seeing more pay-phones hanging in restaurants as obvious decoration as their receivers have been cut off. I can't quite figure out why the restauranteurs have any interest in this kind of wall decoration, it certainly isn't old enough to be some cool antique relic and without the receiver it's just a big hunk of metal and plastic. I know the city was going to convert a bunch of them to wifi stations, but I doubt they would do this inside of a private establishment, so I can only imagine this is an example of a company not wanting to spend the money repairing the wall. Kind of like how I still have a dish on my roof which I desperately want to get removed but the fear of actually causing some kind of roof damage is terrifying, so it stays up year after year

No comments: