Thursday, April 30, 2015

Take on the Shake Shack

I wouldn't stand in line for 5 minutes to meet the Pope, so maybe I'm not the ideal person to ask but what kind of mental patient stands in line for 40 minutes on 8th avenue to get a Shake Shack burger?

I love burgers, absolutely love them and could eat one every day if I allowed myself to do so b ut I wouldn't wait 40 seconds on a line for one let alone 40 minutes.   Today I saw a line which wrapped around the block with a bunch of white dudes dying to spend $14 on a burger.  

Time to realize they are overrated and expensive and just not that good 






Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

Baby Stu said...

Thank you. I've been saying this for so many years.

Mr. R. Lee said...

I can think of at least 10 different burger establishments in LA that are better. Including In N Out Burger, Father's Office, Pie N Burger, Connal's, Rustic Canyon, the Oinkster, the Lazy Ox Canteen, the burger at Eggslut, the burger at Republique, and maybe even Umami Burger (although I always get indigestion followed quickly by diarrhea after eating at Umami Burger for some reason).

Mr. R. Lee said...

Cassell's in Koreatown and Hook Burger in Pasadena, too. Shake Shack is basically along the lines of The Counter, which is a mini-chain out here, except that The Counter is probably better.