Saturday, April 4, 2015

Take in the wire bird nest

Everytime I open this one particular drawer in my bedroom, I am afraid to get attacked. Not by a ghost or a rat but by the thirty pounds of wire that I've collected over the last ten years. USB, mini USB, micro USB, IPhone, iPod, Samsung, iPod lighting and any one of fifty games my kids have gotten over the years and they all end up in one drawer. I don't have most of the phones or cameras that the wires came with and certainly wouldn't be able to identity them but I do know that in all this time, I have collected more wires than I ever had electronics. Unlike socks in a dryer or tops to kids cups these things multiply. The issue is that unlike a mismatched socks or cups without a top, they still have some value and it always feels like a shame to throw any of them out but really if I don't I may hang myself by them.

No comments: