Friday, May 1, 2015

Take on the new look

After getting back from Tokyo where I wore a full suit and tie the entire ten days, I decided it was time to take myself a bit more seriously.  Not sure if dressed a bit more formally helped me while I was out there but it certainly didn't hurt my confidence and thought it might translate well to this side of the earth, too..  

Remember I'm the guy who used to show up to work wearing one of those huge puffy Jets jackets stuffed with newspapers, so even showing up with a shirt with no stains on it was a big improvement.   Well I went a step further and for a full week I've shown up wearing a shirt, tie and jacket, obviously it helps that it's spring and the weather is nice so I'm not forced to squeeze it all into my puffy jacket and it hasn't gotten so damned hot where I'm sweating through my tie but for one week it added a little pep in my step... until I spilled a bunch of burrito cheese all over my Donna Karan tie and -once again- I looked like a total schlep. 
  

No comments: