Saturday, April 25, 2015

Take on the Michael Bastian Uniqlo polos

A buddy just sent me the following email about some Michael Bastian Uniqlo polos

I bought a bunch of these last year, and I just broke them out of the closet again.  I'm a few lbs thinner and they really fit great.  I had forgotten how awesome these shirts were.  I'll likely pick up a bunch more this summer.  So cheap, look great, can be worn super casual with shorts and flip flops, or with jeans, or dressed up with slacks and shoes.

This was the same guy who recommended I get a bunch of Charles Tyrwhitt fitted button-downs which was the best purchase I have made in years, so immediately clicked the link and took the old MasterCard out if it's holster.  

Jesus was I shocked.   Being that it is the 100th anniversary of the Armenian genocides I will try to keep this clean but...Michael Bastian these are the ugliest things I have ever seen.  Every one of the 42 choices look worse than the next and accelerate in ugliness as I scroll down.  I don't know what kind of business casual event you could wear these things to except if your office has a pajama Friday option and even then you would stand out as having the ugliest pajama. I remember when ugly Hawaiian shirts were all the rage but at least those were sort of funny, this looks like somebody yacked all over your brand new shirt, then spilled wine on it and then used it to mop up the floor but it was your only polo so you decided to just go with it. 





Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

Zed said...

This is not the Uniqlo that I remember. At all.

Mr. R. Lee said...

I could see Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant wearing that at an NBA post-game press conference.

Righetti said...

But Russ and Durant would realize it was a joke like the big rimmed glasses. these big time NYC attorneys would think it was genuinely cool