Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Take on the wrong side of the street

One issue you have when you step off the train in Tokyo is that it's completely obvious you are a tourist and it has nothing to do with your pasty white skin.    What I had not realized was that in Japan they drive on the other side of the street which when sitting shotgun is really awkward as the entire time you search for your gas pedal and steering wheel.  
But when it becomes really weird is when you walk down a busy street in Shibuja or another bustling part of the city.  I never quite realized this but we naturally walk down the right side of the sidewalk but in Japan they walk on the left side of the sidewalk which means that the entire time you feel like a salmon swimming upstream. You try to correct yourself but it feels like you are beating off with your other hand 



Sent from my iPhone

5 comments:

Mr. R. Lee said...

At least the Japanese are orderly and follow their customs.

Go to a nearby country like China, and everyone will walk wherever the fuck they want, and everyone will try to run you over and not apologize.

Baby Stu said...

Does this guy ever stop complaining???

Mr. R. Lee said...

Not sure who that last comment was directed to by "Baby Stu," but if it was directed to me, I can only politely respond as follows:

Go fuck yourself, and look in the goddamn mirror, you hypocrite. This is the comment section of a public blog, not tea time in the English countryside.

Mr. R. Lee said...

And if that comment was NOT directed at me, I apologize 100%.

Baby Stu said...

Too late. I already fucked myself.