Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Take on the Maserati ad

I have seen enough episodes of MadMen to know that not all marketing campaigns are created equal but when I caught the latest Maserati ad in the paper this morning, I was more than a bit shocked. We are talking about a $80,000 automobile and the ad for Kelly Maserati might as well be an ad for Crazy Eddie. The entire feel of the ad feels cheap and desperate from the "we make it easy" sign that Kelly is holding to the "new inventory" hot link. At any given point I'd expect a pop up window to show up telling me they have no credit financing with no money down.

What kind of New Money are they appealing to exactly?? If I am buying a luxury sports-car, I don't want to feel like I am buying a luxury automobile not a used 94 Honda Civic.

You'd never see Mercedes or Ferrari stoop this low although the big red bow on the Lexus does come close

2 comments:

Zed said...

ManMen?

Mr. R. Lee said...

In other news...roll tide! Here's one reason to visit the state of Alabama if you are a teenaged boy:

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/240894/high-school-teacher-jacks-off-student-in-parking-lot/