Monday, April 27, 2015

Take on Madame Tussauds

Walking through Times Square this morning at 9AM, it stuck me that there are way too many people with way too much time on their hands when I saw an endless line of people standing outside of the Madame Tussauds museum.  Maybe there was a. Ew statue revealed or maybe there was a class trip from Nebraska but I cannot come up with anything I'd have less of an interest in than waiting an hour to look at a bunch of wax statutes of celebrities.   Celebrity gawking does almost nothing for me, so maybe I am not the ideal customer but it always shocks me that somebody spends $700 to fly to NYC, spends $350 a night for a hotel and $200 for food and while they are here, in a city that offers you everything, they waste hours on this thing.  Then again these are the same idiots that stand outside of Good Morning America like a bunch of absolute lunatics 



Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Mr. R. Lee said...

"Celebrity gawking does almost nothing for me"

I saw Rick Fox at the Atlanta airport this past Sunday night. He was on the same Delta flight as me to LAX.

Rick took a photo with a friend who was traveling with me. Of course, just prior to taking the photo, Rick rolled his eyes before smiling sheepishly and agreeing to take the photo.

Then again, he is better than Rashida Jones and Adam Scott from that TV show, "Parks and Recreation." Those two refused autographs and photo requests from people on my Southwest Airlines flight from Oakland to Burbank last year, and from people at the Burbank Airport. I guess they think they are such megastars (being on a second tier TV show no longer in existence) that they don't need fans.

Righetti said...

I saw Carson Daly once at Brother Jimmy's pretending to pick up chicks