Sunday, June 12, 2011

Take on the New York Court Ruling

A New York court ruled that strip clubs are no longer exempt from paying sales-tax and I for one am appalled. I'm all for changing the revenue stream based more on a consumption basis. but there has to be another way. There are just some industries which don't lend themselves to collecting taxes like a hot-dog vendor or a street artist. It's not that they shouldn't charge tax but the transactions don't lend themselves to it. Maybe allow .certain industries to build the tax into the price like they do with gasoline because I'm already envisioning the following

Pour Some Sugar On Me fades
"Wow that was awesome"
"Thanks... You want another"
"I shouldn't"
"No problem sweety, that will be $20 plus tax.. Total comes out to $21.78"
"Do you have change for a twenty?"
"Where would I keep change??"
"So what do we do"
"Give me $40 and we'll consider the 18.12 an extra tip"
"MLIA"


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: