Monday, August 11, 2008

When Pet Peeves become Pet Projects

Part 4 in a continuing series.. (the first part can be found here)


Pet Peeve #4a

The open-ended question.

"Hey what are you doing next Thursday?". Is there anything more gruesome? This is how a perfectly nice afternoon turns into one of dread. This is like getting invited to go camping at Crystal Lake on Friday the 13th cause you just know it's going to end badly.. If you want me to help you move or want to invite me to see the Duran Duran, give me all the details up front, I need to be able to make an informed decision (and time to come up with an excuse)



Pet Peeve #4b

The BCC invite

I can't take the credit for this one but it is dead on. Getting invited by a person to do something but having all the other invitees not visible is a recipe for a disaster for me. Before I commit to what could be absolute hell, I need to be able to canvas the landscape. This is especially irritating if it is held at somebody's house like If you get an invite to a birthday party or a pot-luck dinner. The pot luck should be the meatloaf not that weird Austrian friend of yours who I can't ever understand. I go into these things with a mission and I gotta be mentally prepped in case I get stuck talking with your coworker Darryl with the lazy eye and who always talks about old episodes of Wings because you once told him you thought it was an OK show.


Not sure if this is going to be important enough but PetPeeve #4B could easily be the fact that somebody knows when you've seen their Evite. It is the reason that I won't log into an Evite unless I know its something I wouldn't poke my eye out for. Send me a card so at least you won't know if I've opened it.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: