Saturday, August 16, 2008

Training with a Cup on.

I've been training for the marathon and just finished a half marathon as part of the training, pretty proud of myself finishing it in till I ran into a girl I went to High School with who says..

"Yeah, I don't ever run but went out the other day completely hung over and ran 13 miles in 1:30.." That is like a 7 minute mile.

Now it is possible that she did it but really not that likely, I am sure she either ran it in 130 minutes or only ran like 9 miles.. I don't wanna make a scene about it but what a kick in the nuts.


Little weak to see how little people were on the side cheering on the Olympic marathon, with 1 billion people, you'd think the Chinese government could throw out a couple thousand political prisoners to at least make it look like people care

Michael Phelps only seems to have one downfall.. His mom's jackets.

I really hate that they run the 100 meter dash which is the quintessential Olympic event at about 9am on a Saturday especially when I'm hung over...

Forget the athletic ability it takes to swim the 1500 meters, I am most impressed by the athletes ability to count to 30.

I got a twist for the swimming relay medley. Each team can decide which swim to do when they want.. One team might go breast stroke, freestyle, butterfly and then backstroke.. But another team counters by going backstroke first, breast stroke next,doggy paddle and then butterfly.

I'd love to see a diver whose out of medal contention to say screw it and just do a cannonball.

I did notice the Italian women have a major disadvantage with that drag on the armpit hair.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: