Saturday, August 30, 2008

deflated shoe,deflated spirit



I am walking downtown last week and all of a sudden I feel a weird splat at the heel of my shoe..  It wasn't the kind of splat which indicates you stepped in dog-doo but instead it felt like was what I would have expected 20 years ago when in the 6th grade some jackass convinced me to pop the air-bubble in my $80 Nike Airs.   When I popped the the bubble in my Nike's the only thing that happened was that it made a hissing sound, I got no additional comfort, padding or bounce.  I did though ruin the most expensive pair of shoes I've ever owned.

Well fast forward to last week as I walk downtown when all of a sudden I feel this sensation which I cannot describe any better than walking down the street and all of a sudden my shoe deflates.

I look down at the Steve Madden shoes on my feet and look at the heel which has completely collapsed.. This wasn't like a small heel crack, but basically the entire sole of my shitty shoe looked like one of those cakes you take out of the oven too early.  There was a huge gaping hole where you could basically poke a snicker bar through. So here I am walking, afraid that if I step into a shitty puddle my shitty sock will be shitty, and with every shitty step it makes this hissing sound like I got the shits

I do a bit of bitching to some friends because I've only owned these shoes for about 6 months and one of 'em tells me that I probably put too much wear on them.  Basically I'm told that Steve Madden shoes are not supposed to be worn all the time.   Just my god-damn luck, I get the Phil Hughes of shoes..

I do have a suggestion for NIKE and their air-bubble.  How about this as a marketing gimmick, the offer the next generation..   Instead of air in the bubble, they fill each one with a bit of helium and convince a bunch of unathletic suburban white kids that this little bit of extra oompf will get them closer to playing above the rim.

I need to be paid for ideas like this

No comments: