Monday, August 11, 2008

The Week that was Brett Favre in sports

Great call on ESPN radio: Padraig Harrington is the 94-95 Houston Rockets of the PGA tour..

Sergio Garcia does what Sergio does best...choke



THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Carlos Osorio

If I ever get a chance to be a play by play baseball announcer, my shtick would be the following.. As soon as the team I'm covering gives up the first hit I'd say. "There goes the no-hitter" regardless when it happens.. First inning, first batter. "Here is Joey Smith, single up the middle and there goes the no-hitter"

The USA 4x100 swim relay was awesome but when the team that finished 5th still would have broken the World Record you wonder if these new seal-suits are the equivalent of metal-bats in the Major Leagues.

In general I think we all prefer the types of Olympic sports you only get to see once every four years like Volleyball, Swimming, Sprinting even Badminton, feels so much more Olympic than watching Kobe and LeBron or Nadal and Federer.

I wish I still had my Glenn Foley jersey, a little scotch tape and a magic marker and I'd have a Favre jersey.

Favre running his punishment lap already has 14000 hits on YouTube, wait till the TakeOnRighetti crew starts hitting the link.

Saw that the Steelers' Charlie Batch went out with an injury and they immediately brought in Byron Leftwich and Daunte Culpepper, just feels like they are trying to fill a quota here..

I know they want to make it sound authentic but does the guy who reads copy for the ESPN Radio Deportes have to sound just like Bob from LaBamba?

No comments: