Sunday, May 9, 2010

So does this mean that everytime some kid forgets his book-bag the whole city will shut down

I guess the terrorists have won.

Not sure exactly when it happened but when Times Square shut down on Friday because some kid left a book bag behind. I was traveling but there was brief talk of evacuating our office building like a number of other ones in the area. I know we are conditioned to say-something if we see-something but I don't think I have the energy to call in every suspicious looking or person I see walking around NYC. Now I am glad other people like that I Love NY shirt guy had the wherewithal to bring a smoking Nissan Pathfinder to the attention of the authorities but it would have to be at least that obvious for me to call it in.. I am more likely to alert an MTA cop of some stinky homeless guy than an NYPD cop of a random cardboard box in Union Square.
I also believe that this will lead to a Kitty Genovese situation where everybody starts to expect somebody else to do something about it but I don't think we have the stomach to deal with these threats which seem to come more often all the time.
I was at the airport Friday as they announced the threat-level at Orange which made almost no impression on me at all, they may as well have told me that there was traffic on the interstate.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: