Thursday, May 27, 2010

RIP

So I’m reading all over the internet that we might run out of IP addresses in a few years which has a real Y2K feel to it. I’m not sure what the hell it means for anything but it might be time to start purging the internet of a lot of sites which haven’t been updated in a few years. I know people will argue that the internet should never be purged even of dead-sites but we need the web addresses. If www.BitchingBrooklynite.com hasn’t been updated then I should have a chance at it. See in Holland when you die and get buried they keep your grave for about 10 years at which point your family can pay more money or they turn your grave over…. How is that for rest-in-peace?


Now I have to think that there is a better way than that, we have to have come further in this larger world that we aren’t grave-robbing for space. You hear about developments being built on old Indian burial grounds which are thought to be haunted and of course the stories of Howard Carter who busted open King Tut’s grave but it’s a whole other thing to dig up my grandmother so that the milkman has a place to lie. My first question is who gets haunted, the new dead, the cemetery maintenance guy who dug it up or the person who decided the estate would no longer afford to pay for the space? So I guess I am kind of afraid to squat onto a dead-web-site or blog as your new blog might get haunted but then again the way this one is going that might be a turn for the better.

No comments: