Sunday, May 2, 2010

In and Out of SYNC

One of the best inventions of the 21st century is this SYNC thing I got in the old Hybrid Escape. Now not only am I cruising at 29mpg's but I'm also not running over kids because I got my hands tied up with some cell-phone. See this SYNC thing basically feeds your cell-line through your stereo system, so it's like being on a speaker phone without it sounding like you are talking into a paper bag. What makes it great is that you don't have to fumble with some earpiece with those wires and you don't feel like you need an interpreter with those terrible cellphone speaker-phones although it brings the entire car into the conversation which obviously can also have its drawbacks especially if you are a gossip seeking chick like me.
But more than anything what it helps out is that with the SYNC has this voice recognition software where you can ask it to "call home" or "call mom" and it works really well. I have long argued that the bigger danger in the talking on the cellphone while driving thing isn't the conversation but it's the fumbling with the receiver to dial or answer calls. Of course the SYNC voice recognition is far from perfe0ct because everytime you try to call somebody with even a slightly ethnic name it screws it up. I can't tell you how many times I have called. Leyla Mattel.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: