Thursday, May 6, 2010

Double Down

So I know that I'm about a month late to this party but this needs to be discussed. KFC recently announced their newest sandwich

"The new KFC Double Down sandwich is real! This one-of-a-kind sandwich features two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets (Original Recipe® or Grilled), two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce. This product is so meaty, there's no room for a bun! »"

These savages have packed bacon, cheese and more cheese between two pieces of fried chicken!?? I know that KFC has gone through a few image make-overs but this just seems like suicide. Years ago the dropped the name "Kentucky Fried Chicken" because of the health implications of fried food but now they have again rebranded themselves as the most gluttonous choice in the fast-food arena. I have also noticed that there are a number of KFC's which have gone back to the old name with the Fried Chicken back on their signs, napkins and menus

I haven't yet indulged but i know the TOR readership is looking for a review so in the next few days I will be indulging although maybe they can feed it to me intravenously.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

Sneha said...

you're gonna eat bacon?

eew

gross

Philip Ryan said...

It's actually I think 500 or 600 cals. Makesyou wonder how much flour is being replaced with bread on other sandwiches if it's less cals to have fried chicken there?