Saturday, January 31, 2009

If you had half the heart of.....

it has been 2 years since I have taken the 2AM D-Train but now I am back...On the platform, shitfaced and nowhere to pee, I stand waiting for any sign of life!!!

By the way this seems like the perfect time to rate all time football movies

1- Rudy..... No discussion, would be #1 on any best of list... Football, baseball, vampire whatever.. I have never NOT gotten choked up during the " if you had half the heart of Ruettiger, you woulda been All Country" part. John Favreau's best movie

2- Wildcats. Infinitely better than Jerry Maguire.. Goldie Hawn still looked kinda hot plus you gotta laugh when the fat dude takes the cash out of his jock..

3-We are Marshall
If this doesn't shake you to your bones, you aren't human

4- the Replacements
Great in spite of Keanu Reeves. Heart pumping action, hot chicks (not really) and a feel good story.. Keanu reminds me a lot Mel Gibson in Lethal Gun

5-Naked Gun
OJ was fantastic

Honorable mention: Invincible, Remember the Titans, Lucas, TenYardFight (Not a movie but still great), That one in the prison, North Dallas Debbie does 40, Friday Night Lights(never actually seen it but it will dissapoint when compared to the book I am sure) and Any Given Sunday

Football generally doesn't translate to the big screen cause chicks don't get the appeal.. Dudes though and honestly this is why I live... I live to watch football and I live for hot chicks

And don't give me Varsity Blues.. That movie is all glamour no true love

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

Philip Ryan said...

Friday Night Lights and Any Given Sunday are so far ahead of those other selections that it's not even close! Invincible should also be there. My 5:
Friday Night Lights
Any Given Sunday
Invincible
Rudy
Remember the Titans/We Are Marshall (same movie almost)

Philip Ryan said...

Incidentally, haven't seen the Express yet but it's on the netflix list.