Wednesday, January 28, 2009

TakeOnTheSess.com


On an email chain between a couple of buddies the other day, one guy asked the following question
Anyway, isn't Bruce a sell out? I thought you could only buy his new album in Walmart. Which pretty much goes against everything he sings about.

The response features today's Relief Bitcher

at 6'6" the Big Sess comes huffin and puffin out of the bulpen with a record of 2-6 and a 4.19ERA, with his flaming fast-ball he does have 80 K's in 60 innings but also has walked 80 guys.   Wild Thing has nothing on this guy



I was on the road yesterday so I didn't get a chance to comment on this Springsteen sell-out thing, I just listend to the cuts of the new album, not too impressed and I probably wont rush out to buy it, nor will I be rushing out to buy tickets for the  new world tour, not going...
Springsteen up to Tunnel of Love was a broke jersey guy working crap jobs, fightin with the old man and such. Even though he was rich, he came off as one of us. I used to be that jersey guy and springsteen used to embody that guy. Love every minute of every album up to that  point.
Tom Joad on my walkman freezing my a$$ off waiting for the bus in college. Reuinion tour at the garden was the best concert I have ever seen, The Rising came out 3 days before I go married, fantastic album.
I am pretty confident in saying that springsteen was the soundtrack of my life from the time I was 16.
Now however, The last 3 times I saw him, I had to listen to his rambling politics, politic annalysis from a guy who washed out of ocean county college after 1 semester.
Springsteen has gone from the voice of every dude who breaks his a$$ in an effort to "get a little something for himself" to a guy who has won and forgot where he came from. He once said live on stage that"blind faith in your leaders can get you killed" Now he stands side by side with a president who wants to sit down and talk with regimes that think the holocaust didn't happen? The president who is earmarking 4 billion
of our money for ACORN to pay back the folks who helped him get elected?
Don't you see it Bruce? This Government is the same hypocritical mess you have railed against for years, but now you throw your lot in with them. 
Sad, a guy you think of as one of your heroes, rich guy who was the same as you. You knew he lived behind iron gates in a posh community but it didn't matter, but the fact that he now comes off as that guy who lives behind iron gates as opposed to an everyman changes everything.
You think 1978 Springsteen plays the Super Bowl?

No comments: