Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Why does nobody follow the rules?




I'm very happy for you people, proud of your goals and hopeful that you'll meet them but really lets be realistic.. You will NOT be able to keep up with it, you'll do your best but after about a week you will start to sputter out. I realize that I'll have to deal with a very crowded gym for the next few weeks and also understand that these are the same losers who keep my rates at the NYSC relatively low since they are the people that won't use the gym but continue to pay for it.

But there are other issues other than just crowding on the machines.

I go to the gym yesterday and there is NO treadmill available what so ever and every fat-ass on one of them is clearly over the 30 minute limit. This leads to a major issue for me. i don't want to be confrontational but I really also don't want to wait while people blatently abuse the 30 minute rule.

What am I to do?

my options are to either wait it out like a schmuck with a doofy smile on my face, confront the sweaty slob on the treadmill or go and tell somebody.

The issues by doing nothing is of course that if I just stand there, I'm complicit in the crime and accepting of this type of antisocial behavior but more importantly my gym routine gets compromised.

The issue bv confronting some sweaty slob is that I come to the gym to workout, not be put in an uncomfortable situation. The guy I confront might be the same guy who I run into in the Sauna one day which really isn't the place for two dudes to get into a tussle.

The issue by going and telling on somebody is that I'll lose my spot in line.

Why doesn't anybody ever follow the rules?

1 comment:

Cathy said...

omg i'm one of those non rule followers at gyms. you would hate me. i follow rules in group fitness classes but on treadmills and the escalator stairclimber, i cover the timer thing with a towel so no one will see it! that is really f*cked up. i have a mental problem and can't stay on a machine for less than 45 minutes cuz if i only stay on for 30 minutes, i feel like i shouldn't have worked out at all. so i have to stay on for 45 minutes at least. otherwise i will have a nervous breakdown and go into severe depression. so i don't break the rules cuz i'm mean. it's cuz of my mental state.

i hate the new years resolutioners too. i dread january cuz of that sh!t.

the 6:30am gym is always a sure thing but even in january, the mornings are crowded too with these clowns! it angers me. it f*cks everything up for the real worker outers.