Friday, January 16, 2009

The Irony of being me!!

You'd never believe it but I hate events where I am the center of attention. Not places where I can pick my spots but events where I am the forced star of the show.

This is why when somebody asks if I want a birthday party I always tell them I have zero interest in having one.. I don't want anybody to make such a big deal about me.

By the way I am completely aware that this confessional comes from a guy who:
Blogs about his life
Twitters
Updates his Facebook status
Texts his running times to his entire phone book
Rips his shirt off at weddings
Is an all out attention whore

The irony of course is what I present as a selfless act it is totally a self involved one. as the only reason I don't want it is because I don't want the pressure of possibly seeing myself fail.

I never want to have the pressure of having people come out cause I made them and then if it sucks, I feel like I m personally disappointing them.. if I were not at least able to control everything in the situation. So obviously I am not just completely self involved, I guess I am also a bit of a control freak.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Cathy said...

i dont like attention either. like my bridal shower was pure hell. omg are you annoyed that i keep using your stories and turning them around to make a reference about my self-absorbed self? i hate that sh!t when other ppl do it. like i'll be talking about my own problem and then the person i'm telling will turn the story into something about her/himself. anyways ok so my wedding too - i was dying. but i do like attention when it comes from sexy men. isn't that messed up to admit? i'm so anti-feminist. also, the egyptian wedding you went to - i always tell everyone that outta all the women in the world, i find egyptian women to be the most truly beautiful women out there. they all have really beautiful eyes and big breasts. if i were a boy, i'd only date egyptian women.