Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Good Life sometimes, bad life always



I have to be honest with myself, I gotta say that I got it pretty good all in all.  Let's take work for example

For one they give me free coffee..  Unlimited, all you can drink.  We're not talking gourmet beans or anything but as long as you get a cup within 10 minutes of it being made it's not bad at all.   (Let that puppy sit on the burner for 20 minutes and you are chewing coffee goo).  But they give it to you for free so that's not bad.

They also have a clean restroom, have tons of extra pens, give you good vacation time and compensate you well.

My problem isn't with any of that, it's with a silent killer..
You know you are doing something wrong when you sweat more at the office than you ever could at the fitness club..  It is absolutely brutally hot in our office.  Like you are sitting fully dressed in a sauna.  Forget water-boarding,  trying to work in 95 degree office is torture.  It's so hot that I find myself rubbing my face and scratching my neck like some kind of mental-patient.   I am surprised that when I walk out of there, I am  not immediately institutionalized in some place where they make you sit in some kind of sauna where they pour nasty coffee over the coals.

MLIA

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Cathy said...

i love coffee so much. when i don't drink it, i get pounding headaches. i'm really scared to get pregnant one day cuz the thought of not drinking coffee for 9 months is really really concerning. i don't know how i'll function. i feel like i'll totally still drink coffee but then again i don't wanna end up drinking coffee and having siamese twins or something though. siamese twins is one of my biggest fears. besides cleft palatte and dwarfism. i hope i'm not offending anyone who reads this. you can delete this post if it's offensive.