Thursday, June 9, 2016

Take on T-mobile

I switched to a T-mobile wireless plan a few months ago and have been very happy with the service overall, especially in NYC. It is faster than AT&T and with unlimited data, I am finally able to use my phone without worry. Travelling overseas is also great with free unlimited data there (albeit on 2g service, 3g would be extra) was awesome. Lastly, the price is hard to beat when I went from $140 per month to about $60 on a family type plan. All in all it's awesome

The one drawback is that when you get out of the major cities, the service gets spotty. I was upstate last weekend and I lost service right as we passed the Donald J Trump state park and this week travelling I have had a couple of times where I go from spotty to straight out "no service" in a matter of blocks. My hotel room for example had literally no service at all, although I did get AOL type service in the hallway and perfect service in the lobby.
Not sure what it is but it might be time to upgrade some networks or at least let us piggy back onto AT&T or Verizon.

No comments: