Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Take on the state committee primary

When I got a mailed ballot for elections in NJ, I didn't think much of
it and wasn't sure if it's even bother to vote as it is just at
primary and I know nothing about any of the candidates
What did catch my eye was the weird fact that they have separate spots
for male and female members of state committee. I am all for
representative government but categorizing, what seem like, worthy
candidates, based only on gender seems like it should belong in some
1950s world.

We don't separate white from black wide receivers for the Pro Bowl or
Latinos vs Cornhuskers in baseball (except for the WBC) or women and
men on national ballot boxes, so why is this acceptable?

I am pretty sure the GOP does not separate along sexual lines

No comments: