Thursday, June 6, 2013

Take on the Delta Partner Flight Attendants

When I got an email from Delta announcing the 'exciting news' about their partnerships in the sky, I was hoping that they'd introduce an official mile-high club benefit or offering free upgrades on all flights to their most loyal customers.  Instead I was told that I'd be earning less miles when flying some of their partners under the pretense that I was getting something.  
What was more depressing was the picture they posted along with the press-release showing what can only be described as some of the least attractive, fattest ankled pigs this side of an all-chick biker bar.  I know that airlines are making a concerted effort to move away from the sexism associated with the traditional stewardess, but this is getting ridiculous.  First of all, you can't have it both ways, if you want to move away from this sexism, you can't post a picture of only women because that proves you are no better than the cat-calling businessmen flying your airline.   But honestly the hypocrisy doesn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that the entire group looks as beat-up as their fleets.. If you are going to go through this exercise, at least make them attractive, even if it's just to fulfill our fantasy since we all know that the average flight-attendant on the US based airlines, now eats dinner at 5pm and can get into a movie at a reduced rate.
And because I know you are waiting for it
9-3-15-11-8-10-6-16-1-4-14-2-7-12-5-13

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

First, the stewardesses in that photo are supposed to be from what looks like foreign airlines, not US-based ones.

Second, those women look okay to me. I have seen some heinous women in my lifetime, and they are definitely not large, cankled biker chicks.

I'd hit it.