Saturday, June 29, 2013

Take on the Pret a manger scam

I have been going to Pret a Manger once or twice per week since they
opened next to my office. They make some decent breakfast food, are
fairly quick and you can walk out of there for less than $3 if you
play your cards right. Then, last week, when I walked in, I noticed a
sign saying that the egg and roasted tomato sandwich had a new recipe.
I didn't think much of it, till I got to the cash register and they
rang me up for $3.26 including tax. As I mentioned before, one of
the beauties of this place was that you could get out for under $3,
but all of a sudden, I was scrambling for a quarter and a penny.

Last week they priced this sandwich at $2.79 but this week, under the
guise of a 'new recipe', they bumped it up to $2.99. I must tell you
that the $2.99 version tasted, looked and felt exactly like the $2.79
version, so I am sure they just added a pinch of water to the mix, so
they could justify their new recipe. And here I am, paying an extra
$0.27 for that pinch of air.

No comments: